Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Feeling the Blues (and Greens)

Despite my best intentions, I ended up spending most of the holiday weekend knitting rather than spinning. That meant that I made good progress on my knitting projects, but my spinning hasn't progressed as much as I would have liked. I have two bobbins (of three total) complete of my second skein of FatCatKnits Rambouillet, with the second just finished earlier this afternoon.


I really love this colorway, which should come as no surprise given that blue and green are my two favorite colors. This spin is so pleasurable, and I must admit that I'm going to be sad when it's done. I think I can safely say that Rambo is a new favorite fiber breed (I suppose I just go gaga for the breeds that are crimpy and puff up when washed). Given how much I liked this fiber, I think I will finally get around to spinning up the Rambo fleece that I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool several years ago.

I'm hoping to give the wheel a little more attention this week, so with any luck, the next time you see this fiber, it'll be in the form of a finished skein of yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment