Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pattern Release: Bridge Walker Mittens

Here in Western Pennsylvania, it's really started to feel like fall. It usually warms up by the afternoon, but the mornings have had a definite chill to them. At this time of year, I feel the cold most acutely in my hands. That means it's mitten weather!


Designed to coordinate with the Bridge Walker Hat, the Bridge Walker Mittens were inspired by the same metal work and feature the same colorwork motif (just scaled down a bit to fit on the mittens). They're knit in the same squishy Fibernymph Dye Works Cozy worsted weight. They're graded to three sizes -- child (teen/adult small, adult large) -- and depending on the size you make, you may be able to get a hat and a pair of mittens out of just two skeins of yarn (that's all I needed for my samples).

What you can't see in the photo above is the surprise inside the cuffs -- a cozy ribbed lining!


This lining is optional, but I highly recommend it. The ribbing not only helps the mittens to stay on by hugging your wrist, but it also helps to keep you warmer by warming up your pulse points.

I've decided that this year's gift knitting for the family is going to be lots of mittens, so you may be seeing more of these off my needles before the year is out!

Buy the individual pattern:

Buy the whole collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment