Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

More in the Queue

It's another Sunday, and I am still plying my Blue Footed Booby. The end is in sight, however.


I think one more good session at the wheel should do it, and I'm eager to see what kind of yardage I get from the second skein.

In the meantime, I have more impetus to finish in the form of more fiber to spin. I was notified that I won a prize from my Spinzilla team, so yesterday I stopped by the Steel City Fiber Collective to pick it up. I received my choice of Corriedale fiber from the Ross Farm, for starters, and I selected this batch:


I suspect you will not be surprised that a certain small person saw it and immediately claimed it for herself, so it seems I will be spinning this up and using it for something for her.

I also received a credit to the SCFC store, which I used to buy this skein of sock yarn:


I think this wants to be some sort of shawl, but I'm going to let it marinate in the stash for a bit until I figure out just what.

Tomorrow is Halloween, which means it'll be my 11th blog anniversary. It's quite amazing how quickly that time has gone by!

1 comment:

  1. 11th? Wow. ! The yarn on the bobbin looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete