Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Anticipation

I don't know about you, but I am getting anxious for it to be the weekend. In spite of the fact that I just had a day off two days ago, I am really looking forward to some time off from work, particularly as it's a holiday weekend. I plan on spending a good amount of time knitting and spinning this weekend; I didn't get nearly as much time as I would have liked during the week.

I have been plowing forward on my handspun socks at work, and I've just started the heel of the second sock. Usually once I get past the heel the sock pretty much flies, so I have a feeling I'll have a finished pair in short order.


I really like how the color transitioned on the leg of the second sock here -- it makes me think of a sunset. It's a bit too late to do anything about it now, but I am kind of wishing that I'd split up the fiber a bit when I spun the yarn so I'd get more of a striping pattern than these large blocks of color. I suppose that's something to keep in mind for the next time.

The scarf should be finished soon, too. I bound off the first side and picked up the stitches for the second side last night, so now I just have about seven rows of ribbing to knit.


It obviously will still need a good, aggressive blocking to finish it, but I'm pleased to see that the ribbing is already helping to calm the stockinette curl on the side.

I can't believe that today is already September. Tomorrow is a special day -- the Mister and I are celebrating our ninth wedding anniversary. It hardly seems like that much time has passed. We are scheduled to go out to dinner while Rainbow has a sleepover with her grandparents, and I expect that given that we are getting older and will be child free for the night, we'll probably crawl into bed and pass out early. Married life is exciting, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment