Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

I'm a Little Teapot

Well, no, not really. But I did finish up my Short and Stout on Perendale from Southern Cross Fibre yesterday, so naturally the song has been in my head.


Once again I split the fiber into long strips, spun them in succession, and chain plied the entire bobbin of singles. It perhaps was not the best plying method for this particular fiber, as the loops are still rather visible if you go looking for them, but it worked out okay overall, I think. I ended up with 387 yards of fingering weight.


I think this should make some good socks. The yarn feels a little scratchy on delicate skin, so I wouldn't necessarily use this for something that would go around my neck, but it feels fine on my less-sensitive feet.

It's a good thing that I'm going through some stash fiber fairly quickly, because two bundles of fiber showed up on Friday. The first was the first shipment in the next round of the FatCatKnits club (round two of the underwater/under the sea theme). This one is inspired by lobsters and is on soft, squishy Rambouillet.


Then there was this bag of 75% Bond/25% Suri alpaca from Southern Cross Fibre that I won as a prize a while back:


Before I did into either of these, however, I've dug into deep stash for my next spin, which I started this afternoon:


This is Corriedale pencil roving from the now-defunct Crown Mountain Farms. It spins up so easily and so fine; this will be yet more sock yarn. Spinning this makes me regret I didn't get more of this fiber before CMF closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment