Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Countdown to Plying

Last week's theme is still in effect: I have a lot of singles on bobbins right now. I put in some more time this weekend with my Southern Cross Fibre Corriedale, and I'm nearly done with the third segment (of four total):


It seems to be almost impossible to get all the colors to come through here, but it really does look autumnal. There are beautiful burnt red-oranges, earthy browns, and a hint of green as well as a small bit of sky blue. I think this will look really lovely when it's plied up.

Last night Rainbow was at her grandparents' for a sleepover, so the Mister and I decided to watch a movie in our new den (formerly the nursery). I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out my new WooLee Winder on my Lendrum, so I got started on the first colorway of my most recent FatCatKnits shipment. We all got along very well once I got past the initial awkwardness of a leader that kept slipping.


I have to say that it's a really fun experience to spin on the Lendrum and not have to stop to move the yarn guide. I'll be interested to see how much I can fit on one of these WW bobbins; I can usually get a tad more than 4 ounces on a standard Lendrum bobbin, and these look to be a bit bigger.

For as much spinning as I have been doing, the club shipments still keep arriving (I am trying my best to keep up!). The April SCF shipment arrived earlier this week, and I couldn't have picked a colorway that appealed to me more if I'd tried.


This colorway is called Resistance Is Futile and it's on organic Merino. Yum!

I'm hoping to finish spinning the Corriedale singles at the very least this week so that next week, once Stash Dash has officially started, I can attempt to ply all three bobbins. It's very convenient that it's a holiday weekend, which means extra crafting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment