Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pattern Re-release: Corbusier Socks

You may remember that last year I had a sock pattern published in Knitscene Accessories. Until now, the pattern was only available by buying a copy of the magazine or through the Interweave online store. I now have the rights back to the pattern, though, so you can buy it directly from me through my Ravelry shop!


Along with re-releasing the pattern, I've expanded it and added an additional size to the mix. The pattern now has three sizes: Child (Adult Small, Adult Large), with a finished foot circumference of 5.25 (7.75, 10.25) in./13.5 (19.5, 26) cm. Those may seem like odd sizes, but keep in mind that the stitch pattern is really stretchy. My foot is about 8 in. around and I wear an Adult Small quite comfortably.


These socks are worked from the cuff down and use a traditional heel flap and gusset. The lace pattern appears around the whole leg and then on the instep only on the foot (the sole of the foot is in smooth stockinette stitch). The lace pattern is very simple, using only knit, purl, yarnover, and simple decreases, and it's both written out and charted. You'll use about 100 g of fingering weight sock yarn (depending on the length of your foot) and your preferred needles for knitting in the round.


I'm really happy to be adding these socks to my Ravelry store, and I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment