Pages

Thursday, October 08, 2015

A Do-over

Yesterday was a rather crazy day, so it should come as no surprise that I got very little knitting done. Once I finally got Rainbow to sleep, I really only had enough time to knit up a swatch. So that's what I did. I pulled out the ball of Miss Babs Yowza and some size 7 needles and knit a second swatch for my sweater. In fact, I was in such a hurry to get it done before I had to turn in for the night that I neglected to measure my gauge before I threw it in to soak.

Old swatch on the left, new swatch on the right

After blocking, I'm getting 19.5 stitches and 27 rows over four inches. That's much closer to the gauge I need, but the fabric is also a bit on the loose side, so I'm going to need to ponder which needle to use for a while.

Last night I managed to dig out the two skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash that I rescued from my LYS's orphan bin, and they're even prettier than I remembered.


I'm going to use these two for a double-knit cowl for Rainbow for this winter.

Most of my knitting is probably going to get put on hold this weekend, as it's going to be another busy one. One of my best friends is getting married on Sunday, and I am in the wedding, so that means part of Saturday and pretty much all of Sunday will be taken up with wedding preparations. I may stick a sock or some other small project in my bag for downtime while we're getting ready on Sunday (we have to be at the venue at 9 a.m. for a 4:30 ceremony, so I can imagine there's going to be at least some sitting down), but I'm not counting on making any real progress on anything. The good news is that Rainbow and I are off on Monday and Tuesday, so aside from some errands we'll need to run, I'm planning on spending most of the day lounging around and knitting or spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment