Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pleasantly Surprised

I do a lot of knitting in lightweight yarns, so I'm used to things going rather slowly even when I have time to work on them quite a bit. So it's been very pleasing to work on Rainbow's school sweater because it is knitting up almost faster than it seems possible. Worsted weight yarn for the win!


I am nearly finished with the body of the sweater at this point, in large part because I've been bringing it to work to knit on during lunch this week. I added an extra inch of length before the ribbing, and I'm planning on making the ribbing a bit longer for some additional length. I want to make sure that Rainbow will be able to wear this for a while and, considering the high cotton content in this yarn, that even if it shrinks it'll still be a good length.

I will say that I'll be happy to be done with this. I do like the yarn (Spud & Chloe Sweater), but the aforementioned high cotton content makes it really hard on my hands. I'm also noticing a bit of rowing out, which doesn't normally happen to me with wool. I'm hopeful that it will block out (though certainly Rainbow won't notice the difference if it doesn't).


Meanwhile, I'm so, so close to being finished with my double-knit cowl. I'm on my very last round before I bind off, so I think another half hour to 45 minutes of knitting time will see it done. I'm hoping to have time to block it this weekend, but it's going to be a busy one. My brother-in-law is getting married on Saturday, and the festivities start tomorrow evening. Both the Mister and Rainbow are in the wedding, so I expect I'm going to be doing a lot of running around. I know when Sunday rolls around, I'll be desperate to sit down with my yarn and needles to decompress.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful color for a sweater! I love thinner yarn sweaters but it's so nice to knit with worsted from time to time if only for the quick-knit pleasure of it. :)

    That double knit cowl looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it OTN!

    ReplyDelete