Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

What's Next?

Now that the sweater is done, the only active project I have on the needles is the handspun shawl, which is nearly finished. I've mainly been working on it at work during my lunch breaks (though I did knit on it last night as well), and I have less than 20 rows to go, so I have a feeling it will be done by the weekend. I have a skein of Malabrigo Sock in Indiecita all wound and ready to go; it will be the actual sample for the pattern, but I'm holding off on casting on until the handspun prototype is done.


So now I find myself in that position that's very rare for me: I'm not quite sure what to cast on for next. I usually have a lunch break project that stays in my work bag and a home project that I work on in the evenings, but this week I've mainly been spinning in the evening. Usually the home project is a large one, like a sweater, but I'm not feeling the urge to cast on a new one just yet. I do have yarn for some new design ideas, so perhaps I'll do some winding and swatching soon. I'm just not feeling that strong desire to cast on that I normally do, and it's an odd feeling.

Soon I will need to cast on for a new sweater for Rainbow, who is starting kindergarten in about two and half weeks (eek!) and will need a sweater to go with her uniform. I've already scoped out the right shade of Spud & Chloe Sweater at my LYS, and I'm just planning to knit a simple top-down raglan out of Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters. It will be relatively plain, with some pockets on the front, and I'll let Rainbow pick out some fun buttons. I keep thinking the fall is a long way off, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it, so I probably should get moving on it soon.

I should probably also cast on some new socks. Rainbow and I (along with my mother and mother-in-law) are headed to see Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella on Sunday afternoon, and that's a long time to sit still with nothing to do with my hands. A stockinette sock will be the perfect thing to keep me from getting twitchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment