Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Signs of Neglect

As you would expect during the Tour de Fleece, my knitting has been somewhat neglected in the past week or so. I did get a little done last weekend (mainly because I was doing so much spinning during the day that I didn't feel guilty about it), but really the only knitting I've done this week has been during my lunch break. But look -- I finished a sock!


This is Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce in Advance to Go, a Monopoly-inspired colorway. I did my regular plain vanilla sock with 70 stitches on size 0 needles, nothing terribly exciting. Frankly the yarn does it all, so why compete with it?

The baby sweaters have also grown a bit since you last saw them. The Boy Sweater got most of my attention last weekend, and as a result, I'm just about done with the body (I think I have half a round and a bind off left to do).


The Helena, on the other hand, still needs a lot of work. All I've managed to do on it since I showed it to you last was finish the raglan increases and put the sleeves on waste yarn.


This sweater needs to get some major attention because the recipient came home from the hospital yesterday! I am planning on taking it with me this weekend, when I'm headed out of town with some girlfriends for a bachelorette weekend in Hershey, Pa. We're headed to the spa, which should be fun, but it's also putting a damper on my spinning plans. I may take a spindle project with me and try to get in a few minutes here and there, but I doubt I'll make any real progress on that front. Fortunately I do not have to drive and will have about three and a half hours in the car each way to knit. With any luck, I'll be able to get the Helena done so that I can sew on buttons and block when I get back and present the gift next week.

Lots of spinning has been done, but I'll save that for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment