Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

End in Sight

If all goes according to plan, this week will be all about finishing things.

My Helena is getting very close to being finished. One sleeve is done (except for sewing up the picot hem), so all that remains to be done is the second sleeve and the button bands/collar. I even found the perfect buttons at my LYS over the weekend.


My Boy Sweater will need some attention this week as well, as its recipient made his arrival this past Friday. I have not knit a stitch on it since you last saw it, but given the fairly large gauge, I do not think it will take me all that much time to knit a couple of sleeves and a collar (as I recall, I have only half a round and a bind off to do on the body).

As if that wasn't enough, I'm also very close to finishing my super stripey socks, with just the toe to finish on sock number two.


This have been such an addictive knit that I'm kind of sad that they're almost done -- but let's not forget that there's plenty of self-striping sock yarn to be had should I feel the urge.

Of course, this week is also the final week in the Tour de Fleece, and I am trying to finish at least two more skeins before the week is over. I am nearly finished with my Fat Cat Knits superwash Targhee (in Sapphire Cove), which I started plying on Sunday and spent a good two and a half hours on last night. It's still not done, but I'm hopeful that I can finish up the last of it this evening.


There's another good thing to come out of all this finishing -- I'm going to have a lot of meterage to add to my Stash Dash total!

No comments:

Post a Comment