Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

All Kinds of Happy

Happiness is finishing projects, like these socks!


Pattern: Plain vanilla worked over 70 stitches with a 3x2 ribbed cuff, heel flap and gusset, and wedge toe
Yarn: Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce (80% superwash merino/20% nylon) in Advance to Go!
Needles: 40 in. US 0 (2.0 mm) Addi Sock Rockets
Started/Completed: June 29/July 21

There's not too much to say about these except that I love them. They are quite obviously fraternal socks; I didn't even bother trying to get them to match with an eight-stripe sequence. The yarn was wonderful, as expected, and I know these will get a lot of wear this fall and winter.

I also finished a giant skein of handspun!



This is the plied and washed Fat Cat Knits superwash Targhee that I've been spinning since the beginning of the Tour de Fleece. Even using my miniSpinner, it still took three plying sessions to get it all done. I know my default singles are pretty fine, but I guess they were a bit finer than usual, because there's a whopping 424.5 yards of three-ply fingering weight (heck, you could even call it light fingering weight) in this skein. I love it, too, and I hope to make some awesome socks with it.

I am hoping there will be some more finishing this week. Now that the socks are done, I've been taking the Helena to work to try to finish it, and I'm just about there. I'm also still spinning up a storm to try to get at least one more skein done before the end of the Tour. Last night I finished the second bobbin of Fat Cat Knits blended merino top:


Tonight's mission will be to ply it all, if I can (I'm pretty sure today is the second TdF challenge day, so that would be appropriate).

I am looking forward to this weekend, when -- for once -- we have very little scheduled and I can actually get in some decent crafting time!

1 comment:

  1. I love those striped socks! I usually make fraternal socks-I can't imagine trying to line up an eight-stripe repeat! And your Targhee handspun is gorgeous-that's going to make some fantastic socks!

    ReplyDelete