Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pattern Release: Brulle

While we were away over Christmas and New Year's, I plowed through a bunch of pattern samples that had been in the planning stage for a while and were just waiting to be knit. One of those was this hat, which I'm delighted to share with you today.


Brulle is a worsted weight slouchy hat worked from the brim up. After the ribbed brim is completed, a decorative slipped-stitch detail is added to the front. Before the crown decreases are worked, the amount of slouch can be adjusted to your taste. You'll notice that I tucked the extra fabric down in the back to help keep it in place; I really like the extra length in this hat because I can pull it down to keep my ears warm and that bit of extra fabric keeps it from riding up while I wear it.


The sample was worked in Malabrigo Worsted in the colorway Jacinto, but any worsted weight yarn will work well. The pattern is simple enough that any type of color -- solid, semisolid, variegated, and even self-striping -- will look great.

The pattern is available in five sizes, ranging from infant to adult large (16-24 in./40.5-61 cm head circumference), and you'll need no more than 170 yds./155 m to knit, so it's the perfect thing for that stray skein of yarn in your stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment