Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Pattern Release: Ravessa Scarf

I hate keeping secrets, but it's so much fun to tell them. So I'm super excited that I can share a secret with you today! Several months ago, I received a commission to create a pattern for Yarnbox, a yarn subscription service. Each shipment includes a knit pattern and a crochet pattern to go along with the yarn, and for January, I'm the knit pattern designer!

The yarn I received for my pattern (which is also the yarn the subscribers will receive) is Feederbrook Farm Entropy DK, a really fun two-ply BFL yarn that's meant to look like a handspun yarn. The colors of the plies change gradually, resulting in knit fabric with colors that slowly shift and change. I used my two skeins to design the Ravessa Scarf, my new pattern out today.


I'm not normally one to knit scarves -- frankly, I get bored about a third of the way through them. However, once I started swatching and came up with this stitch pattern, I was addicted. There's a little bit of everything in this pattern: stockinette, garter, increases, decreases, lace, and cables. There's enough going on that you don't get bored, but it's intuitive enough that, after a repeat or two, you understand how the pattern works and know what's coming next.


This pattern will work with any kind of DK or light worsted yarn -- solid, semisolid, or even a gradient. If you're a spinner, this is a great pattern for your handspun, especially if you've spun a fractal yarn. The length of the scarf is completely customizable, too, so you can use up all the yarn you have.

There are more secrets for me to keep, but I'm excited that this one is out of the bag and I hope you enjoy the pattern!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I am halfway though a scarf right now and it's agony… Damn things just go on forever.

    ReplyDelete