Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Brown and More Brown

Sometimes spinning projects seem to take forever. Sometimes they just whoosh by and they're done before you know it. My current project is of the latter type. I started spinning this Manx Loaghtan about a week and a half ago, though I didn't make all that much progress on it at first. Then, this weekend, I managed to finish spinning the first bobbin, spin all of the second bobbin, and get started on the third (which I'll work on some more as soon as I post this). It's hard to believe that this is 8 oz. of fiber, but I guess this is what happens when you spin thicker singles.


I thought I'd be sick of brown by now, but I really love this moorit color. It reminds me a little of what my tea looks like with just the right amount of milk in it.

At the rate I'm going, I should be plying by midweek. I will need to get some color on my wheel next, though, and I already know what that will be -- but you will need to wait until next Sunday to see it (and with any luck, it'll actually be started by then).

No comments:

Post a Comment