Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Temptation

It's been a weird couple of days. Yesterday, in the middle of my lunch break, the power went out at my office. It seems like that happens at least once every summer, and usually we end up sitting around for a while until it comes back on or the end of the day, whichever comes first. Yesterday, though, it seems several buildings were out, so we were allowed to leave early. Sometime after I got home, I got a text from my boss letting me know that the building would be closed today because of the outage, so I spent today working from home. On the one hand, I was pretty productive because it was quiet (no phones ringing or e-mail pinging) and no one was around to interrupt me. On the other hand, there's a lot of temptation at home.

For one thing, my wheel has been beckoning. I managed to finish up the second bobbin of Gentiane singles this morning before my work day officially started.


I was able to start the third bobbin during my lunch break, but I only got a little done. I really, really wanted to sit there and keep spinning, but I was good and got back to work. I will go back to the wheel this evening once Rainbow is asleep, and with any luck, I'll have the final bobbin finished up by tomorrow.

I'll be working from home again tomorrow. I can already tell that it's going to be very difficult to focus on work rather than trying to finish up the last bobbin so I can start plying tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment