Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Let the Madness Begin

It's May 1, which means two things: my trip to MDSW is only one day away and today is the official start of the annual Mad May stitch-along in the Ravelry Madelinetosh Lovers group. I've participated in this event for the past couple of years and it's always a good motivator to finish up a project. This year, I'm entering in two categories. The first is general shawl (meaning you can pick any shawl pattern you want), and I'm going to be designing one using these two colors of tosh merino light, Nassau Blue and Rain Water.


I've had this shawl idea kicking around in my head for quite a while, so it will be good to work it out in yarn.

My second entry is in the WIP category, a new one for Mad May. To qualify, the project had to have been started before March 31 of this year. My project had no problems qualifying -- I started it last September! I'll be trying to finish my Window to My Soul, also in tosh merino light.


As I recall, I was making good progress with this when I put it away when the weather started to get cooler, and I was getting pretty close to the point where I could divide the sleeve stitches from the body. I will probably need to take some time tonight to refamiliarize myself with the pattern and figure out exactly where I left off.

Both of these projects (plus some handspun socks) will be coming with me to MDSW this weekend, and I hope to have a lot of progress to show you when I get back!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for finishing old projects. And the colours you picked for your shawl are making me want to own them...

    ReplyDelete