Pages

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Lots of Thin Singles

Over the course of the past few days, I've been doing a lot of spinning of a lot of fine singles. For starters, last night I finished up the singles for my Falkland sock yarn.


I started plying them on the miniSpinner this morning and will do more as soon as this posts. I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish the skein tonight, though I think skeining and washing will have to wait until tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my first order from the FatCatKnits Mixed Blessings club arrived earlier in the week. In this club, each shipment contains 5 oz. total of two colorways that are meant to coordinate. There's also a choice of fiber. For this shipment, I picked superwash BFL/nylon, which I thought would be perfect for socks.


The two colorways are called Long Shadows (the blue/purple) and Meadow Song (the green/orange-y gold). I thought quite a bit about how to spin them and finally decided on a traditional four ply, with two plies of each color. It seemed the easiest way to split them evenly and ensure a good blend of both colorways.


I managed to finish spinning up the first half of Meadow Song today. This will be my first time spinning a traditional four ply (the only other yarn I've spun with four plies was a cabled yarn, or two two plies plied together), so this should be a fun spin. I can't wait to see how these colors look when they're all mixed together!

No comments:

Post a Comment