Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mergers and Acquisitions

I mentioned in my last post that I made a brief stop at the Indie Knit and Spin event over the weekend, and I promised you a shot of my spoils. With apologies for the bad lighting (this is why I hate this time of year for getting blog pictures!), here you are:


While I didn't need anymore sock yarn, I do have a couple of design ideas percolating and want to use some indie yarn for them. The burnt orange is from Fibernymph Dye Works. It's a blend of 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon in a colorway called Earthenware Red (and it's really a bit more orange-y than it looks in this photo). The slightly sparkly purple is Lucina from SpaceCadet Creations, a 75% superwash merino/20% nylon/5% sparkle blend in the colorway Plume. The very bright bagged fiber is also from Fibernymph, 6 oz. of polwarth in rainbow shades that's for a certain preschooler (who specifically asked me to bring her back a surprise), and the other fiber is 4 oz. of Falkland from Cosy.

As if these goodies weren't enough, I came home later on Saturday to find a yarny surprise waiting for me -- two skeins of Malabrigo Sock (in Ivy), my prize from the Stockpile event in the Ravelry Malabrigo Junkies group!



I will have to ponder these two for a bit to decide if I want to use them together in a large-ish item like a shawl or split them up for smaller accessories.

Finally, yesterday's mail had my final stash enhancement. About a week or so ago, I'd heard that Quince & Co. was going to be giving 10% of its profits on a given day to typhoon relief efforts. I'd long wanted to try Quince yarn, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I ordered six skeins, and they arrived beautifully packaged up yesterday.


From left to right are two skeins of Chickadee in Goldfinch and Lupine and four skeins of Lark, two each in Twig and Chanterelle. I can't believe how soft and squishy these skeins are. I haven't even knit with them yet, but I already know I'm going to love them.

So now that I've added all these yarns to my stash, I suppose I should get knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Quince & Co is a lovely yarn. I think you'll really like it! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Malabrigo. Correct that. I lust for that Malabrigo. What a shade of green!

    ReplyDelete