Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Rough Reentry

And we're back. It was a great weekend away and wonderful to see all the family, but boy it is hard to get back to the normal schedule. We got home at around 4:30 yesterday afternoon, so I spent all evening cleaning, doing laundry, and trying to get everything put away. I'm still not completely caught up, but I managed to get out of bed on time this morning, so that's saying something.

As busy as the weekend was, I did manage to get in some decent knitting time. My shawl is nearly finished -- I'm on the last garter stitch section. I'd planned to do one more section, but it's clear to me that I'm not going to have anywhere near the amount of yarn I'd need leftover once I finish the current section. It seems to be plenty big, so I'm calling it good.

It's so blob-like, it won't come into focus!
I also took along a skein of sock yarn (which I hand wound the night before we left because I was too lazy to get out the swift and ball winder), but I can't show you what I'm using it for -- sorry! It's really pretty yarn, though -- Verdant Gryphon Eidos in Hathor. I bought it at MDSW this year; I thought that it was appropriate for me to take festival yarn with me on a weekend when I wasn't at Rhinebeck.


This week will, I hope, be pretty typical, with the usual things keeping me busy but not crazed. I'm hoping to finish winding up the singles that I spun for Spinzilla so I can start plying them later in the week or this weekend, and at some point I have to get back to that baby blanket (and figure out what sweater I'm going to knit to go with it). This month is just flying by, and those deadlines that seemed so far away are getting a lot closer.

1 comment:

  1. Might I ask who's shawl pattern that is? It's pretty identical to one I designed and had published with a yarn company. Just curious :)

    Also, the orange yarn is NICE!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete