Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In a Jiffy

I knew I had some more baby knitting to do, but I thought I had a little more time. Late last week, the Mister informed me that at least one of the babies I was planning on knitting for was due to be born in the next week or two, so I realized I really had to get moving. I picked up some yarn at my LYS on Saturday (Cascade 220 Superwash in bright, but gender-neutral, shades), dug out the pattern I was planning to use, and got to work. I cast on for the first sweater Sunday afternoon -- the good news is that baby sweaters go very quickly.


What you see here is the work of a couple of hours of knitting on Sunday afternoon plus about another hour that evening, my lunch break yesterday and today, and about an hour of work last night. As you can see, the work left to do is minimal -- the rest of the bottom band, the sleeves, one button band, and a collar. This should be done and ready to be delivered to the recipient by this weekend, and then I'll get to work on the other one (which doesn't have to be done until October or November, I think, but I'd like to get it off the queue). If only me-sized sweaters worked up this quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment