Pages

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

The Mystery Revealed: Part One

Note: This post contains spoilers! Don't scroll down if you don't want to see!

You may recall that a few weeks ago I mentioned that I had signed up for the Through the Loops mystery shawl for this summer. As a reminder, this was the yarn I picked out (Louet Gems Sport Weight):


The first clue was released this past Saturday. I am far past the age where I can stay up until midnight to cast on the moment the pattern is released, so I downloaded when I woke up and then cast on after breakfast and yoga. I was able to complete all of the first clue before going to bed that night.

I already knew the shape of the shawl, more or less, and that it would use three colors, but the rest was a surprise. So far, the main body of the shawl is done in two-row stripes with colors A and B (with yarnover increases) and has a strip of lace done in color C.


So far, I'm liking it, even if the stripes do make me a little dizzy. I expect that there will be more of the lace in the blue in the future clues based upon the yardage listed for color C. I hope I can keep up with the pace of the knitalong -- after all, this clue didn't take much time, but the shawl only gets bigger from here!

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks great so far! I haven't cast on yet :( I tried the other night, but I was too tired and couldn't get the garter tab right. I need to try again today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clearly very behind on all your goings on... I love that colours already. I discovered last winter that with all the sombre colours that I was wearing, the brighter and more cheerful shawls became imperative.

    ReplyDelete