Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Down and Out

Thanks to all of you who left me birthday wishes on my last post! I'm usually not one to draw attention to my getting older, but I knew that you'd all appreciate the surprise gift I got.

I managed to finish up a deadline project on Monday, so the focus this week has been on my mom's sweater. I started the pleat increases last night, so by my count, I have about 40-odd rows left to do on the body. I'm also getting very close to the end of the second skein of yarn.

This color is impossible to capture accurately

I was moving at a fairly good pace up to this point, but as I continue, the rows are getting longer. I have the day off tomorrow, so after I take care of a couple of pesky errands (I have a consultation with a periodontist and then have to get some blood drawn -- lots of fun!), I'm planning on spending the day with the ladies at my LYS and putting in some serious time on the sweater. I'm reasonably optimistic that I can finish off the body tomorrow, which means I'll have about a week to finish up the front bands and sleeves to meet my deadline.

As a reward for getting so much done with the sweater (and partly because the sweater's just a tad too big to carry around in my work bag now), I started a new lunchtime project using some of my handspun. I'm contemplating submitting it to a publication, so I can't show it to you, but I will tell you that it's using this yarn:

Knitting with handspun is truly one of life's great pleasures. I really should do it more often.

Don't forget that my birthday sale is still in effect through 11:59 p.m. EDT tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment