Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Spin, I Did

Though most of last week was spent furiously knitting on my sweater in an effort to finish it (and I did, but that's a post for another day), on Friday night I decided to take a little break and do some spinning. I was determined to finish spinning up the singles from my Into the Whirled batt. It took me until pretty late into the night for me (that's 11, for those of you wondering), but I did get it done.


I'm going to chain ply this, so it had to sit for a day or two to rest. In the meantime, I thought it was about time I finished up a project I started last summer, so I took my miniSpinner, my handcards, and some fiber with me over to a friend's house today (we were having a Downton Abbey marathon). It went much smoother this time around, though I'm sure my arms will still be sore tomorrow.

Untitled

I managed to spin up about two-thirds of it while we were watching and I hope to get the rest done early this week. It'll be nice to finally have that project off the bobbins!

2 comments:

  1. That blue makes me think of the ocean. The caribbean specifically. Obsessed with beaches right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! That blue!!! It's sooo pretty =D I'm so jealous of your spinning!

    ReplyDelete