Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Sleeve the First

It should come as no surprise that I'm still working on my Calligraphy Cardigan, though I am getting closer to completion. Over the weekend, I did finish the body, so I at least met that goal, and started in on the first sleeve. When it put it down for the night last night, I had it done about to the elbow and had only three sets of decreases left to do.


The sleeve is not going as fast as it could because I'm still alternating skeins every two rounds, which means at least a little untwisting and repositioning of yarn sources every round. Still, the rounds get shorter as I go, so I'm reasonably optimistic that I'll have the first sleeve done by tomorrow and make a good start on the second sleeve by the end of the week.

In the meantime, I'm still working on my Peckish sample for Knit Picks and am about two-thirds of the way through the stripes. Unlike my sweater sleeves, the further I go on this project, the longer the rows get. The Mister and I are leaving for a little anniversary trip (our fifth was last month) on Saturday and we'll have a fairly long plane ride, so I'm hoping all that uninterrupted time -- Rainbow is not coming with us! -- will mean a finished shawl. Ideally, I'd like to have this done, blocked, photographed, and shipped back by next weekend at the absolute latest.

Of course I will be taking a back-up project with me just in case I finish a lot faster than expected. We're experiencing unseasonably chilly weather here this week, so I'm thinking that a handspun hat for Rainbow might be a good thing to take. I've already selected a pattern and have a skein of handspun that just needs to be wound, so that's one more thing to add to my to-do list before we leave.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A grown up weekend! Have a wonderful time and sleep in late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Calligraphy cardigan, it will look lovely when it's finished. Enjoy your weekend.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete