Pages

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Millefiori

This yarn has been done for most of this past week, but it took until this weekend to get a decent shot of it (though I still couldn't seem to get my camera to do it justice). It started out as this twist of fiber, 50% merino/50% silk from All Spun Up:


I set out to spin this a medium weight (sport to DK), but with such a high silk content, it really wanted to be spun ultra fine. So I went with it and ended up with two-ply laceweight.


The final skein is approximately 796.5 yards, so plenty to do a large shawl.


Trust me when I say that it's a lot prettier in person -- for some reason, my camera either wants to capture the color accurately or the shine accurately, but not both. The colors are rich and the shine factor is high. I'm extremely satisfied with this spin, and once I finish the current projects, this just might be the next thing on my needles.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that handspun is amazing! The colour is stunning and so is the spun yarn. Well done! I am excited for you that you get to knit with it.

    ReplyDelete