Pages

Monday, February 06, 2012

Pattern Release: Tiled In Topper

Not long after I released my Tiled In Cowl, I received a number of requests for a coordinating hat. It took me several months, but I'm delighted to announce that my Tiled In Topper is now available as a Ravelry download.





The hat is available in two sizes -- to fit an average woman's head and an average man's head. Like the cowl, it uses a provisional cast on to create a seamless hem at the brim. Using a yarn with long color repeats (like Knit Picks Chroma, shown here in the women's sample) creates the illusion of multicolor stranded colorwork, though only two colors are used throughout.



The men's sample is shown here in two shades of Knit Picks Palette. (Incidentally, I am not trying to sell the yarn, but I really love it for colorwork, and for the purposes of this hat, you have many, many color options.)

I'm really pleased with how the hat turned out -- in large part thanks to some wonderful test knitters; a great tech editor; and (as always) my extremely generous friend Jenn, who puts her graphic design background to good use in making me some kick-ass layouts.

There will be one more Tiled In pattern in the series -- a pair of fingerless mitts, by request. I still have to do some number crunching and swatching to get those ready, but they are in the works. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this hat pattern! It has been submitted to the Knit Picks IDP program, and I'm hoping it'll be up soon so that you can buy it with yarn if you so choose.

2 comments: