Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Knitting with Old Yarn

My sweater spinning is officially done, but I'll save that for Sunday for my spinning post. I've spent most of my evening hours this week actually knitting -- shocking, I know! Specifically, I've been using some very well-aged Cascade 220 to knit a Snowy Owl Cardigan for Rainbow. Thus far, I've completed the two sleeves and just started the body. I was home with her for most of the day today (it seems she has outgrown her ear tubes and is battling another double ear infection, so we kept her home from school), and she was kind enough to model the sleeves for me:


While I'm not exactly looking forward to the tangle that is the intarsia section, this is going to be a super cute sweater when it's done. If I can get my butt in gear, I can finish it up in time for her to wear it while it'd actually still cold!

2 comments:

  1. She looks so cute! And she's really growing up. Where has your baby gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a cutie! I had tubes in my ears when I was little (twice) and lots of ear infections, not fun :( I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete