Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Future Sweater

I am just about done with the hat, thank goodness, so while I am still on my sweater spinning kick at least through the end of the month, I am beginning to plan the next project.

I really haven't been able to get over the cuteness of the Snowy Owl Cardigan, so the next sweater on the needles will be a larger version for Rainbow. I knit a bunch of sweaters for her when she was just an infant (most of which she never wore, I might add!) but have only finished one in a toddler size, and I'd hate for her to be the knitter's equivalent of the cobbler's shoeless children. I have some very well marinated Cascade 220 in the stash that was leftover from my Central Park Hoodie (if you click over to see, have a look at the date so you can see what I mean!) that I think will work perfectly, and some scraps of the same yarn in a dark brownish gray (leftover from the Mister's first Seamless Hybrid) should do well for the branch.


I'm fairly certain that I have some cream-colored Patons Classic Merino scraps somewhere that I can use for the owl, though those might require some digging to locate.

Though I didn't make it a formal resolution, I do want to try to knit from my stash as much as possible this year, and I think this is a good start to it!

1 comment:

  1. I love Cascade 220. I have several sweater lots of it in my house and I have no problem with that whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete