Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

In the Hood

I've been working on Rainbow's Roo, and I am quite literally in the hood now. It's amazing how quickly it's knit up -- sometimes I forget just how fast baby and children's garments are! I knit the sleeves over the weekend (I did them both at the same time to make absolutely sure they were identical), and last night I grafted the shoulder seams and started the hood. I would estimate that I have two to three nights' worth of work left to do on this before it's done, or at least in one piece. I still need to do a little digging around to find a tutorial for frog closures made from I-cord, because I am not going to do the leather triangle toggle thing called for in the pattern. I really want this to be completely washable!

Yes, I'm fully aware of how bad this photo is. Camera wasn't cooperating.
While the slew of obligation baby knits has not let up at all, I've decided that I really don't want to neglect myself in the meantime. On Saturday, I stopped by my LYS as usual and brought with me a couple of gift cards I'd been saving up. Those, combined with a frequent shopper reward, got me a great deal on a sweater's worth of Madelinetosh Tosh DK that will become an Effortless Cardigan for moi. I figure that a simple, straightforward top-down raglan would be easy enough for me to pick up and put down as needed but still finish in a reasonable amount of time (read: soon enough to actually wear it this sweater season). I sat for a while with three colors in front of me but ultimately decided on Baltic -- when it comes down to it, I can't say no to a vibrant blue.


I'm really excited to get this out and cast on, but I am making myself finish at least Rainbow's Roo (and maybe another baby item) before I do.

4 comments:

  1. The Roo is looking great. I really must knit one up for my god-daughter. Love the baltic blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to be stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a lot of baby knitting to get to - at least two for babies not born yet and one for a little one born in March that is going to be a Christmas present.

    We could have almost matching Effortless Cardigans. I want to knit this in Miss Babs Yowza that is a lovely vibrant blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH, stupid Blogger ate my comment.

    What I said (I think) was that Tosh DK is a great sweater yarn and it doesn't hurt that their colors are fabulous. Your Roo is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete