Pages

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Yes, I Still Knit!

With all the spinning content in recent post, I'll bet some of you were wondering if I was still knitting. The answer is yes, although lately the knitting has been progressing at the rate of cold molasses. I started a plain sock on Christmas Eve so that I'd have something to work on in the car on the way to D.C. and in the hotel room after Rainbow went to sleep (because even though I'd like to be able to pass out at 7:30 like she does, it usually doesn't happen). No pictures yet -- I only have about half a sock at this point -- but I used some deep stash yarn, the Knit Picks Bare I dyed with Kool Aid many, many moons ago.

What I can show you is what I've been working on during my lunch breaks. It's colorwork, so it's also pretty slow going.

This is the ribbing and about 20 or so rows of Selbu Modern, a fun little tam that's also serving as a stash-busting project. I'm using a couple of skeins of Knit Picks Palette that were leftover from my Ivy League Vest. I should have enough left to do another hat with the colors reversed, if I should so choose.

3 comments:

  1. As I'm sure you know, I'm a fan of re-knitting a 2-color project in the reverse colorway :) Selbu is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and pattern. Too bad I hate doing colorwork!

    ReplyDelete