Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hop to It

I promised you a successful project, and here he is -- hello!

Pattern: Hop [Ravelry link] by Susan B. Anderson for Blue Sky Alpacas
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton, color 81/Sand, less than one skein, and Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran (85% merino, 10% silk, 5% cashmere), colorway Lavender, approximately 1/2 skein
Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm) and US 5 (3.75 mm) dpns
Started/Completed: September 2/September 14

This little bunny was such fun to knit. He's knit seamlessly, from his bulbous bunny feet to the top of ears, as is his sweater. The only real "finishing" involved is sewing up or grafting a few spots when the parts are joined together.

For Hop's sweater, I used a little bit of yarn leftover from my Climbing Vines pullover. His embroidered face was done with a couple of plies of brown sock yarn (I think leftover from Mr. Foster).

The only modification I made to this bunny was to leave off the carrot on his sweater. Someday I may do Rainbow's initial in duplicate stitch, but for now I like it the way it is. I especially like a cute little feature that you can't see in the pattern photo -- a bushy bunny tail, complete with a hole for it in the sweater!

This pattern was so much fun that I'm knitting it again for our newest cousin!

6 comments:

  1. Aww. That one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz T.4:20 PM

    Just precious! I may have to do this for my sister - she loves bunnies, and while a little "older", she's still a kid at heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute! another toy to add to the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had great luck with Blue Sky toy patterns. Hop is just plain adorable. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....this is so sweet! And I think you most definitely need to put Rainbow's initial on it...I'm sentimental in that way.

    ReplyDelete