Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

It's a Series of Tubes

Thanks to some very diligent knitting time (and two rather interesting movies to watch), I managed to finish the second sleeve of my father's sweater and join it, the other sleeve, and the body on one needle. After some very long plain rounds, I've now started into the raglan decrease rounds. I think it's very reasonable to think I can finish this up by the end of the weekend, don't you?

As to the title of this post, if it didn't make you laugh, then you obviously haven't seen this. Watch it -- you'll enjoy it, I promise.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if Ted Stevens can see Russia from his house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. The. Daily. Show.

    That sweater is looking great! I need to do some similar sweaters for myself (and, well, Chris)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:03 PM

    That was hilarious! He had some internet sent to him the night before and didn't get it until morning? Of course he's in charge of regulating it! Who better? Innocence is such a charming trait.

    The tubes! The tubes! Make a nice Dad sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is that you'll have it finished before the weekend even gets here, but that's just a hunch. Maybe if you send some racehorses or lottery balls through those tubes it'll speed things up a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lookit you go! You can totally finish that by this weekend!

    Oop, apparently I channel Spicoli just before bed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:23 PM

    you're the fastest knitter I know. Can I ask you? How much do you knit a day?

    BTW, the sweater and the spinning looks really really good. In vermont, I got a chance to look at hand spinning, the good ones and the bad ones and yours is damn good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:09 PM

    I bet it's done by now! Nice set of tubes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee, hee... I'm glad to say I was already aware of Ted's ingenious comments :) Very applicable to your dad's sweater - I totally think you can finish it up this weekend.

    P.S. Your latest spinning project is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete